Other Financial Topics
- A Financial Wellness Plan Can Help Pave the Road to Retirement
This article outlines four elements of financial well-being and offers suggestions to strengthen financial wellness.
- All-in-One Funds: Targeting Time or Risk?
This article discusses target-date funds and lifestyle funds, with the more common of the two based on time horizon rather than risk.
- Five Investment Tasks to Tackle by Year-End
2020 market turbulence underscores the importance of reviewing an investment portfolio. These five steps could help keep it on track.
- Five Tips to Follow When Applying for a Mortgage
Historically low interest rates have driven record homebuying. This article provides some ideas to consider when applying for a mortgage.
- Five Tips to Regain Your Retirement Savings Focus in 2021
This article presents five steps that could help focus and enhance a retirement savings strategy in 2021.
- Four Steps to Rebuilding Your Business
Small-business owners may need to think on their feet and visualize what a recovery might look like for their operations post COVID-19.
- Four Things Investors Should Know About Stock Splits
If you’ve wondered what stock splits are and what effect they might have on your investment portfolio, this article covers the basics.
- Full House: Adult Children Coming Home
If your adult children have returned to your once-empty nest, these tips might help promote a peaceful and productive living situation.
- Gift vs. Inheritance: Consider the Tax Difference
When deciding whether to gift assets now or transfer them to heirs at death, you need to understand step-up in basis and tax consequences.
- HOT TOPIC: High-Frequency Indicators: Where to Look for Signs of Recovery
This article discusses various high-frequency indicators economists use to monitor the pandemic’s impact and the economic recovery’s progress.
- HOT TOPIC: Revisiting the 4% Rule
For years, the “4% rule” helped retirees make their savings last, but now a more aggressive withdrawal strategy might be the new norm.
- HOT TOPIC: Rising Inflation: Where Will It Go from Here?
Read about the causes of the recent inflationary trend. Does it represent a short-term phase or the start of a longer-term acceleration in prices?
- Income Investors May Find Closed-End Funds on Sale
Do you know the differences between open-end and closed-end funds? This article compares the two.
- Money Market Funds in a Low Rate Environment
Did you know there still may be reasons to hold money market mutual funds despite low yields? Read this article to find out more.
- Passive, Active, or Both?
Passively managed index funds and actively managed funds can perform differently over different market cycles. Find out more about each.
- Portfolios Get Personal: Growing Interest in Socially Responsible Investing
This article discusses socially responsible investments that may enable the pursuit of financial returns and make a positive global impact.
- Prepare Your Finances for the Next Emergency
The pandemic has underscored the importance of a well-stocked emergency fund. This article offers tips for building up a cash reserve.
- Putting Your Nest Egg in Three Baskets
Find out how understanding sequence-of-returns risk could help you develop a three-prong distribution strategy for retirement.
- Real Estate for Income and Diversification
Are you familiar with REITs and why they can help diversify a portfolio? Read this article to learn more.
- Should You Pay Off Student Loans Early or Save More for Retirement?
Wondering whether you should pay off student loan debt today or save for the future? Here are some considerations to help make the decision.
- Social Security Spousal Benefits
This article offers an overview of spousal benefits, which could make a big difference in funding retirement for a married couple.
- Take Advantage of Deductions for Business Investments
A look at bonus depreciation and Section 179, plus CARES Act changes that may benefit companies that reconfigured spaces for safety reasons.
- Three Questions to Consider During Open Enrollment
Making benefit elections for next year? This article covers three key areas that require careful consideration during open enrollment.
- Working While Receiving Social Security Benefits
Do you understand the Social Security retirement earnings test and how it may affect your current and future Social Security benefits?
- Your Business: Could You Benefit from a Roth Conversion in 2020?
This article focuses on the potential short- and long-term tax ramifications of a Roth IRA conversion.
- Your Business: Minimum-Wage Laws in the Spotlight
As more states increase the minimum wage, small businesses may start feeling the economic impact. Read this article for some coping tips.
- Your Business: Reasons to Keep Personal and Business Finances Separate
Find out why it’s important to draw a line between business and personal finances, especially for credit, tax, and personal asset purposes.
- Your Estate: Have You Looked at These Legal Documents Lately?
This article looks at documents that should be kept up to date, including wills, trusts, advance medical directives, and beneficiary forms.
- Am I Prepared for Long-Term Care Expenses?
The odds of needing long-term care increase as you age. Prior planning can help protect you from financial ruin.
- Do I Need Disability Income Insurance?
Knowing the basics of a disability income insurance policy is a good first step toward protecting your family.
- History of the Federal Estate Tax
Careful estate planning is still one of the most important ways to manage and protect your assets for your heirs.
- How Can a Living Trust Help Me Control My Estate?
A living trust can help control the distribution of your estate upon death.
- How Can I Benefit from a Charitable Lead Trust?
Charitable lead trusts are designed for people who would like to benefit a charity now rather than later.
- How Can I Benefit from a Charitable Remainder Trust?
A designated income beneficiary could receive payment of a specified amount from a charitable remainder trust.
- How Can I Benefit from a Wealth Replacement Trust?
A wealth replacement trust could be used to gift appreciated assets to a charity as well as provide for heirs.
- How Can My Gift Benefit Me and the Charity?
To retain the tax advantages associated with charitable giving, your gift must be made to a qualified organization.
- How Likely Am I to Need Long-Term Care?
If you were to suffer an illness or disability that required long-term nursing care, would you be covered?
- How Long Will It Take to Double My Money?
Before making investment decisions, it is helpful to determine the real rate of return on the investment.
- How Will I Pay Estate Taxes?
If you believe your estate will be subject to estate taxes, consider how your heirs will pay the bill.
- United States Tax History
United States tax law is a constantly changing landscape. The latest major piece of tax legislation is the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
- What Are Some Tips for Managing My Money?
A sound cash management program uses a disciplined approach: accounting, analysis, allocation, and adjustment.
- What Are the Pitfalls of Probate?
The probate process can be lengthy and complex. There are strategies you can use to help avoid the probate process.
- What Is Tax Deferral?
There can be a substantial benefit to deferring taxes as long as possible.
- What Is the Best Form of Property Ownership for Me?
Sole ownership, joint tenancy, tenancy in common, and community property have special benefits for property owners.
- What Key Estate Planning Tools Should I Know About?
Wills and trusts allow you to spell out how you would like your property distributed, but they also go beyond that.
- What Savings Alternatives Are Available?
There are a number of savings alternatives that could help you earn a reasonable rate of return.
Investment Advisory Services offered through Traction Financial Partners, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor.